IVC Services provided extended service in preparation of OCI documentations as per High Commission of India, Singapore requirement.
An OCI application has to be submitted online with a mandatory upload of photograph, signature and documents.
We at IVC helps in the preparation of OCI documentation along with photograph.
We offer consultation services on the document assistance as well.
We are open All Days incl. Saturday & Sunday (8.30 a.m-7p.m)
OCI APPLICATION SINGAPORE
We at IVC help in the preparation of OCI Application Singapore documentation along with photograph.
We offer consultation services on the OCI Application Singapore for your OCI Card document assistance as well.
Document Proof which are issued other than India are to be attested by concerned nationality embassy which can be done at IVC Services.
Please contact us for more information.
ELIGIBILITY FOR OCI APPLICATION SINGAPORE:
Following categories of foreign nationals are eligible for registration as Overseas Citizen of India - Card holder for OCI Singapore:
- Who was a citizen of India at the time of, or at any time after the commencement of the Constitution i.e. 26.01.1950; or
- Who was eligible to become a citizen of India on 26.01.1950; or
- Who belonged to a territory that became part of India after 15.08.1947; or
- Who is a child or a grandchild or a great grandchild of such a citizen; or
- Who is a minor child of such persons mentioned above; or
- Who is a minor child and whose both parents are citizens of India or one of the parents is a citizen of India; or
- Spouse of foreign origin of a citizen of India or spouse of foreign Origin of an OCI Card holder registered under section 7A of the Citizenship Act, 1955 and whose marriage has been registered and subsisted for a continuous period of not less than two years immediately preceding the presentation of the application.
Note: No person, who or either of whose parents or grandparents or great grandparents are or had been a citizen of Pakistan, Bangladesh or such other country as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify, shall be eligible for registration for an OCI Application Singapore.
Documents to be submitted for OCI Application Singapore or OCI Singapore.
- Proof of present citizenship – Copy of present valid passport (applicable in all cases), with validity of minimum 6 months at the time of submission of application.
- In case application is submitted in India, copy of any type of Visa (other than Missionary Visa and Mountaineering Visa)/ Residential Permit with 3 months validity as on the date of application.
- Evidence of self or parents or grandparents or great grandparents-(a) Being a citizen of India at the time of, or at any time after the commencement of the Constitution i.e. 26.01.1950; or (b) Being eligible to become a citizen of India at the time of commencement of the Constitution i.e. 26.01.1950; or (c) Belonging to a territory that became part of India after 15th August, 1947.
These could be:
- Copy of the Indian Passport; or
- Copy of the Domicile Certificate issued by the Competent Authority; or
- Copy of Nativity Certificate from the competent authority; or
- OCI Card/ PIO card of parents/ spouse along with the base papers/ documents upon which the OCI/ PIO card was issued; or
- Any other proof substantiating the request. Usually applicants are able to submit a certificate of residence or place of birth of self/parents/grandparents from First Class Magistrate/District Magistrate (DM) of the concerned place.
The document of relationship could be “Birth Certificate” issued from competent authority mentioning both parents’ name. In case the birth certificate is issued by a foreign authority, it is to be Apostle or endorsed by the concerned Indian Mission abroad
- Copy of child’s birth certificate
- Copy of Indian passport of the parents / one of the parents or
- Copy of the Domicile Certificate or Nativity Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in respect of the parents/ one of the parents or any other proof substantiating the status of the parents/ one of the parents as being Indian citizen(s).
- If the parents are divorced, court order of dissolution of marriage, which specifically mentions that the legal custody of the child is with the parent who is applying for OCI Application Singapore
- Registered marriage certificate; and
- In the case of spouse of an Indian citizen - copy of the Indian
- Passport of the spouse or copy of the Domicile Certificate or
- Nativity Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in respect of the Indian spouse or any other proof substantiating the status of the spouse as being an Indian citizen.
- In the case of spouse of an OCI Card or OCI Singapore holder - Copy of the present valid Passport of the spouse and copy of the OCI Card of the spouse and copies of the documents upon which the OCI Application Singapore was issued to the spouse.
Benefits to an OCI Singapore or OCI Application Singapore:
- Multiple entry lifelong visa for visiting India for any purpose (However OCI Card holders will require a special permission to undertake research work in India for which they may submit the application to the Indian Mission/ Post/ FRRO concerned).
- Exemption from registration with Foreigners Regional Registration
- Officer (FRRO) or Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) for any length of stay in India.
- Parity with Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) in respect of all facilities available to them in economic, financial, and educational fields.
Except in matters relating to the acquisition of agricultural or plantation properties for OCI Application Singapore.
- Registered OCI Card holder or getting OCI Application Singapore shall be treated at par with Non-Resident-Indians in the matter of inter-country adoption of Indian children.
- Registered OCI Card holder shall be treated at par with resident Indian nationals in the matter of tariffs in air fares in domestic sectors in India.
- Registered OCI Card holder shall be charged the same entry fee as domestic Indian visitors to visit national parks and wildlife sanctuaries in India.
- Parity with Non-Resident Indians(NRI) in respect of:
- Entry fees to be charged for visiting the national monuments, historical sites and museums in India;
- Pursuing the following professions in India, in pursuance of the provisions contained in the relevant Acts, namely:
- doctors, dentists, nurses and pharmacists;
- chartered accountants;
Benefits to which OCI Singapore or OCI Application Singapore is not entitled to:
The OCI Singapore or OCI card holder is not entitled to vote, be a member of Legislative Assembly or Legislative Council or Parliament, cannot hold Constitutional posts such as President, Vice President, Judge of Supreme Court or High Court etc.
The OCI Singapore or OCI card holder shall not be entitled for appointment to public services and posts in connection with the affairs of the Union or of any State except for appointment in such services and posts as the Central Government may, by special order, in that behalf, specify. Further, as stated in para 5 above, the OCI Singapore or OCI Card holder cannot acquire agricultural or plantation properties in India.
Important instructions for OCI Application Singapore:
- The OCI Card holder or OCI Singapore registration is required to be got re-issued each time a new passport is issued up to the age of 20 years of age and once after completing 50 years of age in view of biological changes in the face of the applicant.
- Re-issuance of the OCI Card holder or OCI Singapore registration is not mandatory each time a new passport is issued between 21 and 50 years of age.
However, if the applicant wishes to avail this service, he/she can apply for the same.
Cancellation of OCI Registration or OCI Singapore or OCI Application Singapore:
If it is found that the registration as an OCI Singapore was obtained by means of fraud, false representation or concealment of any material fact or the registered OCI Cardholder has shown disaffection towards the Constitution of India or comes under any of the provisions of section 7D of the Citizenship Act, 1955, the registration of such person will not only be cancelled forthwith but he/she will also be blacklisted preventing his/ her future entry into India.
Whether its your office or home, Coffee shop or Mall, we will reach out at your convenient time for your Visa Application.
Just give us a call and we will complete your form on the call at your ease, thereafter you just need to verify the contents on our E mail.
If you are late and require your Visa within 24-48 hours, we are there to help you.
We would love to welcome you to our office at Unit # 03-44 Sim Lim Tower 10 Jalan Basar Singapore - 208787